mercredi 28 janvier 2009

GW Bush doesn't like Stinky cheese

Today I had my first intensive language class, which was basically a bunch of grammar stuff, but it will be really helpful to review.  I got a little tour of the street where my program is.  There are a bunch of wicked cute boutiques and food places.  I can't wait for it to be really nice out so I can just wander around in between classes.  It's in the 40s these days, so it's not ideal roaming weather.  Since France has been invaded by Arabs, I have found that they have brought one good thing.  Their food.  Yummy couscous, tabouleh, kebobs, etc.  Today I went to my first French-taught aerobics class.  It was called Body Pump.  The instructor was wicked nice.  She was kind of crazy and had a strong accent.  I think she is originally Spanish or Italian.  She kept yelling yayaya and other European-sounding noises of encouragement.   

So tomorrow will hopefully be a good update because the French are going to be engaging in their favorite sport: les grèves (strikes!).  Therefore, they have decided to shut down or just mess up all the metro systems, buses, RER (trains), TGV, airports, postal system, government stuff, etc.  Plus they predict about 40,000 people will be protesting in the streets.  Low wages: Strike! Students think they have too much school: Strike! Economic crisis: Strike!! Let's cause distress and chaos to solve a world crisis....such is the way of the French.  


PS One of Bush's last decrees was to increase the tariff on Roquefort cheese by 300 percent.  It is the talk of the nation right now.  A least Bush left a great lasting impression...

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire